Our software development and delivery processes are devops-oriented and staff enjoy great freedom in planning and executing their work, with good opportunities to set and drive project direction. We use a range of practices inspired by the ‘agile’ movement, including automated testing, distributed version control (Git), code review (Gerrit), continuous integration (Jenkins), short (<1 week) release cycles, configuration management (Infrastructure-as-Code) and automated delivery/deployment processes.
Depending on your interests and experience, and working closely with our product designers, testers and support staff, you can work in any or all of the following areas:
- WebService programming (Java: Spring, Hibernate; PHP)
- Database modelling/optimisation (Postgres + PostGIS)
- Front-end web development (React + OpenLayers)
- Desktop development (React + Electron)
Your skills – that’s what you bring to the table:
- Successfully completed university degree in computer science or comparable training or similar experience in at least one of the above areas.
- Language skills in English, as our IT team communicates in English.
- Strong analytical skills to identify and develop efficient solutions to complex problems.
- Initiative and independent working style.
- Passion for high quality teamwork
What we offer:
Our offices are located in Berlin near the Ostbahnhof with a large terrace, in pretty Tübingen and in Hamburg, very close to the harbour. But individual employees are spread all over the globe in Germany, Verona, London, Seoul, soon in your location? We are united by the passion to further develop and spread our great product Global Monitoring.
We live an open and friendly feedback culture with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths. We achieve our ambitious goals with a lot of fun and passion.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home are a matter of course for us.
- Work with the most modern technologies
- Your work space will be tailored to your needs
- A fair salary and 30 days’ holiday.
- Free hot and cold beverages
- As a member of the DRV, you receive discounts within the tourism industry, e.g. for travel, hotel stays and rail travel.