Join our software-development team in crisis prediction and protection
We’re looking for talented software developers to join our young innovative team.
You’ll get to work on cutting-edge technology in the travel and crisis-/risk-management segments.
A3M is an industry leader in both business travel and the leisure travel industry with an international footprint https://www.global-monitoring.com.
A3M develops and operates cloud-based web-applications and on-site installations for efficient and effective crisis management for both the travel industry and other medium to large, internationally operating businesses.
- Real-time crisis information and early-warning systems
- Geographical travel-tracking and risk assessment
- Travel-relevant country-information systems
- Asset-quality management
- Consumer-complaint management
Our web-based product, Global Monitoring (GM), combines static geographic data, real-time event data (curated by A3M editorial staff), and customer data (imported manually and/or via a variety of web-services; e.g. traveller information, branch offices, etc...), and presents them in a map-based system for combined analysis and processing, as well as sending automated and manual alerts to affected parties. Other products include a tailored country-information database, and systems for managing the quality of travel-industry inventory (e.g. hotel- and pool-testing) and consumer-complaint processing.
Our customers use these products to monitor, manage, and respond to crisis events around the world, establishing and maintaining the satisfaction and safety of their customers and employees while travelling.
Our software-development and deployment processes are devops oriented, and employees enjoy wide freedoms in planning and executing their work, with good opportunities for setting and driving project direction. We employ a number of practices inspired by the “agile” movement, including automated testing, distributed version control (Git), code-review (Gerrit), continuous integration (Jenkins), short (<1 week) release cycles, configuration management (infrastructure-as-code), and automated delivery/deployment processes.
Your Job description
We're looking for a number of talented and motivated people to join our small but highly productive development team. Depending on your interests and experience, and in tight integration with our product designers, testers, and support staff, you could work in any or all of the following areas:
- Server/WebService programming (Java: Spring, Hibernate; PHP)
- Infrastructure/process planning/development/operation (Linux, Ansible, containers, internal tooling, ...)
- Database modelling/optimisation (Postgres + PostGIS)
- Frontend web-development (React + OpenLayers)
- Mobile development (Android, iOS)
- Desktop development (React + Electron)
You should have an excellent ability to recognise and develop good, efficient solutions to complex and difficult problems, and above all a strong passion for doing high-quality work in a team environment.
What we have to offer:
- Young innovative work environment
- An exciting travel industry
- Work locations in Berlin or Tübingen and/or remote work possible
- Cutting edge technology
- Working with the industry leader
- Lean hierarchies
- An experienced team ready to motivate and support you
- Full-time (40h/week) permanent position
- 30 days paid annual-leave
- Beginning April 2020 and later
- Main languages are English, German, others are welcome
Send your application (CV, references) to email@example.com!
A3M Mobile Personal Protection GmbH
Hintere Grabenstrasse 26
Contact: Ms. Christfriede Eydam