We develop and operate early warning, information, and communication systems for professional and effective crisis management. We're looking for a motivated and driven Linux DevOps engineer to join our small but highly productive development team.
Our web-based product, Global Monitoring, combines static geographic and real-time data (imported manually and/or via a variety of web-services) and provides it to leisure-travel tour-operators and travel-agencies as well as other medium to large, internationally operating businesses. With this system our customers can effectively monitor and respond to crisis events affecting their travellers around the world.
Our development team and deployment infrastructure is Linux-DevOps oriented. We employ a number of practices that are inspired by the “Agile” movement, including:
- Server/client configuration management (Ansible)
- Distributed version control (Git)
- Code review (Gerrit)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Short release cycles
- Automated delivery/deployment procedures
Working in tight integration with our software developers, product designers, and support staff, your responsibilities will include:
- Administration of Linux servers and clients
- Management and extension of hosted network infrastructure (including IPSec VPN)
- Planning and implementation of infrastructure improvements and expansion
- Development of enhanced delivery and deployment strategies
You should have the following qualities
- A university degree in computer science or comparable experience
- An excellent ability to recognise and develop good, efficient solutions to complex and difficult problems
- A proactive, self-motivating work ethic
- A strong passion for doing high-quality work in a team environment
- A readiness to additionally take on more software-development-oriented tasks, if necessary
Job type: Full-time (40h/week)
Start date: Flexible
Languages: English, German
Send your application (CV, references) to email@example.com. Your contact person is Mrs. Christfriede Eydam.