2018-09-19: Multiple people were hospitalized after breathing hazardous fumes on Wednesday morning (19 September) at about 09:00 a.m. (local time) in Pullman Hotel in Sydney. The gasses passed through the air ventilation system. Dozens were treated with symptoms ranging from breathing problems to eye irritations. According to reports the dosage of cleaning chemicals was wrong, leading to a gas being emitted. Three floors were evacuated. Police urged pedestrians and motorists to avoid the area.
Update 2018-07-05: According to current media reports on Wednesday evening (04 July, local time), the couple taken critically ill were poisoned by the nerve agent Novichok.
2016-12-08: According to reports from Thursday (08 December), multiple people died and dozens more were injured after the consumption of toxic rice wine at funerals in Kampong Chhnang province in Cambodia.
Travellers are advised to exercise caution, avoid consuming rice wine, and to take into account information by authorities.